Last Updated August 14, 2019
We, Hopsy, Inc., are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms & Conditions and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On Hopsy’s website (www.hopsy.beer) (“Site”);
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and Hopsy or our Site; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
This policy does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on our Site.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Site, including information
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE SITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW ("Personal Information");
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- That is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Site, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (See: Information You Provide to Us);
- Automatically as you navigate through the Site (See: Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies). Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; advertising
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Site may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Site, subscribing to our service, posting material, participating in an event, contest, or promotion, or requesting further services;
- Information we request when you report a problem with our Site, or any of our product offerings;
- Information that you provide while applying for a job or internship position with Hopsy;
- Records of correspondence between you and Hopsy;
- Information that you provide to complete optional surveys that we use for research purposes;
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
- Details regarding other people, including email information and names of recipients of gifts purchased through the Site, or invitations to try the services or visit the Site.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Site, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Site, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Site;
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type;
- Information about your mobile device and network, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, and information about your use of our Site. To facilitate your use of certain Site, we may request your permission to collect information about the location of your device and access information from certain native applications on your device, such as the camera or photo album.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Site according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you return to our Site .
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site (and our emails) may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that help deliver cookies and permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages (or opened an email) and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To present or improve our Site and its contents to you;
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you;
- To respond to your comment or questions, and provide you with customer service;
- To monitor Site trends and activities;
- To provide you notices about your account or your subscription;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- To notify you about changes to our Site, or any products or services we offer or provide through it; and
- Towards any other purpose for which the information is collected.
Please refer to Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information to learn how to opt-out of certain uses.
Where We Store Your Data
Who We Share Your Information With
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- Provide our customer list, and the personal and/or delivery information contained therein, to third parties who may, in our estimation, offer products or services of interest to you;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe that you are breaching the Hopsy Terms and Conditions or other policies, or if disclosure is necessaryropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Hopsy, our customers, or others;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Hopsy’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Hopsy about our customers is among the assets transferred; or
- With your consent.
We may disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, or provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help our advertisers display their advertisement to their target audience.
Your Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Hopsy strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Updating Account Information. You may update or edit your account information by accessing your account page at www.hopsy.beer, accessing the account settings , emailing email@example.com. You may also deactivate your account pursuant to the Terms and Conditions. We may retain relevant information related to your account when permitted by law or for legitimate business purposes.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information for Customized Campaigns or any promotional materials, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (646) 846-3663. Please note that we do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Your Access To Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Site and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site and App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may request this information once each calendar year. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write us at: Hopsy Legal Department, 12 E 49th St, 5th floor, New York, NY 10017.
THIRD PARTY USAGE
Third Party Advertisement and Analytic Services
Customized Ad Campaigns. We may also work with third party social media sites, such as Facebook, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way.
Third Party Sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the Sites and/or Apps of our partner networks, advertisers, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Site and App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to or from our Site. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.